My Co-Workers

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

I can not believe that it is already July 4, 2008. I was thinking today of some memorable holiday's in my life. Summer time was always magical! We were always at the lake on our boat. There were usually about a hundred boats that would participate in a Flotilla - folks would decorate their boats and parade around the 9 mile long lake - it would take hours. Then there would be fireworks dispatched from a barge in the middle of the lake. Family would always come and visit too. Those were the "sunscreen days and citronella nights" of my youth (someday I'm going to use that in a story).

Here are some photos of Danny decorating our Patriotic No-Bake Cheesecake! (Recipe to follow if you are interested).











3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Cute cheesecake!

Your summers at the lake sound so picturesque ... love the 'sunscreen days and citronella nights' line!

Sara B said...

I remember fireworks and Blue Angels fly-overs at Lake W! I also remember a leech incident ;) and the day my dad tried windsurfing in front of the entire condo community!

Sara B said...

By the way, that cheesecake looks outstanding.