My Co-Workers

Monday, May 12, 2008

What was your morning like?

Here is what happened to me.

Woke up to alarm at 5:45, realized that I was still sick (had been battling sinus gunkiness all weekend). Found my blackberry and emailed my office that I'd be late. Silly me thinking I'd be able to rest for a couple extra hours. 6:00 Wildhairman gets out of bed, into the shower and then into the kitchen to make his morning cup of joe. 6:30 Wildhairboy, who has decided he must sleep on the floor in my bedroom, wakes up to his Nintendo DS alarm - he was so excited that it finally worked. 6:35 commotion in the living room - Wildhairman in bathroom - water running. 6:40 Wildhairman comes in to alert me that he just spilled piping hot coffee all over his belly - it didnt look good. 7:00 first argument whether we should go to ER; 7:20 second argument ensued - he just didnt want to go. 7:30 drop off Wildhairboy at school, came home and Wildhairman met me at the door - he was ready to go.

By 7:50 we were in a bay and being seen by nurse. Dr comes in promises pain shot and tetanus shot - throughout the whole ordeal, I dont realize that I'm not feeling well, and it's not getting any better. By 8:25 Wildhairman riling in pain getting bandaged (2nd degree burns), and I'm in a cold sweat trying to not pass out or throw up or do both. Next thing I know I'm in a room down the hall laying on my back with a wet cloth on my head.

By 9:30 we were on our way home - me a little embarrassed, and Wildhairman happily doped up on hydrocodone. And here is where we will stay for the day.

3 comments:

me said...

good grief! scenes from a bad movie. i hope that WHM is doing better with his burns (by the way, who spills boiling hot coffee on themselves? seriously!) are you feeling better?
see you soon.

wildhairmama said...

I know... Cash will never live this one down. It's right up with the Mailbox he ran into while on his morning jog recently. Scary that he is an airline pilot - huh?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow, that's a bad day. I sure hope your husband's okay.